Find out about the various video options on the Biotechnology Learning Hub and helpful tips.
Videos should be viewed at your screen’s default zoom setting, i.e. 100%.
Video clips are available to view in QuickTime (.mov) at the following data rates:
- 256 kbps (.mov) – we recommend this size for those with 256 kbps or slower connections.
- 1000 kbps (.mov) – we recommend this size for those with 1 MB or faster connections.
Any videos published since 2011 are available to view in the JW Player (.mp4) at 576 kbps. These videos are enabled to view in full screen and can be downloaded. To download a video, click on the ‘Download video clip’ link below the video player - see further instructions below. The video can then be viewed offline using QuickTime 7.5 or VLC Players 1.1.5.
Right click on the ‘Download video clip’ link below the video player.
In the pop-up window, click the appropriate option (the browser will default to either mp4 or MPEG as required):
- For Internet Explorer – Save Target As…
- For Firefox and Chrome – Save Link As…
- For Safari – Save the File As…
- Some browsers also have the option ‘Download video clip’.
Navigate to the required location on your computer and save the file.
All video content is copyrighted for use within the New Zealand Biotechnology Learning Hub video clips only.
- 15 February 2012