New Zealand Nutrition Foundation
The New Zealand Nutrition Foundation offers New Zealanders guidance on food and nutrition issues.
The mission of the New Zealand Nutrition Foundation (NZNF) is to:
Enhance the quality of life of New Zealanders by encouraging informed, healthy and enjoyable food choices as part of an active lifestyle.
It has several key roles:
- Nutrition education and health promotion – providing educational resources, newsletters, seminars and public health campaigns about food and nutrition
Advocacy – supporting:
- the exchange of food and nutrition information between professional groups, food producers, food manufacturers and Government agencies.
- nutrition campaigns and organisations promoting well researched nutrition strategies and messages.
- Policy – working with Food Standards Australia New Zealand and the NZ Government on food standards and public health policy
- Research – encouraging nutrition research.
The NZNF owns the e Mark, a new food label that will help people to make food choices that are matched to their lifestyles.
The e Mark tells you the amount of energy in a serving of food, and the speed with which that energy is released into the body. The e Mark has been scientifically tested in conjunction with scientists at Crop & Food Research (now called Plant & Food Research). For more information, get the focus story Future foods.
- Web Address:
- Not for profit
NZ Nutrition Foundation
Level 2, 507 Lake Road
PO Box 331 366
Phone: +64 9 489 3417
Fax: +64 9 489 3174
- Health promotion, education, advocacy, policy advice and community action.
- 07 November 2007